*****CURRENTLY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC DUE TO COVID-19*****
MAY OPEN DAY – SUNDAY 2ND MAY 10AM – 4PM
***PRE BOOK ONLY***
Essex Horse and Pony Protection Society are finally able to open their gates to the public after 17 months. However, to conform with government restrictions and keep numbers to a manageable level this event is strictly PRE BOOK ONLY!!!
Come and visit our horses, goats, pigs, cats and chickens, pick up some snacks , refreshments and merchandise from our Visitor Centre and grab a bargain at our onsite charity shop.
To book, please email [email protected] with your details, how many people you would like to book and three time choices (in order of preference) with what time slot you would prefer.
Bookings will be taken for up to 6 people.
Entry is £2 each for adults, £1 each for children and free for members on production of a current valid EHPPS membership card (membership number will be required for pre booking)
Time slot bookings are as follows:
We are limiting numbers for these times. Times will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
You must arrive at the sanctuary as close to your time as possible.
The society needs to manage visitor numbers accordingly and anyone who turns up without booking tickets and a time slot will not be permitted to enter the site.
- The maximum number of people per group booking will be 6, as per government guidelines, members of the same household can book a further 6 people for the same time slot as long as their chosen time slot isn’t at full capacity.
- It is compulsory for us to retain the details of people booking for a period of 21 days, this is to comply with the NHS Test & Trace Scheme. QR codes will also be on display for the NHS COVID-19 app. It is not compulsory for visitors to use the app but is recommended.
- Every visitor will have their temperature checked before entering. This is compulsory. If you refuse the check or are found to have a high temperature, we will have to refuse access and either refund or rebook you for a future open day.
- A one way system is in place to assist in the compliance of social distancing. Please stick to the route provided.
- Hand sanitising stations have been put up around the site, please use these regularly throughout your visit.
- Toilets and handwashing facilities/sanitising stations will be cleaned throughout the day.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times. Management reserve the right to ask you to leave should you not adhere to government guidelines for social distancing whilst on the premises. Refunds will not be given in this instance.
- Face masks do not have to be worn when walking round the Sanctuary but are COMPULSORY in our Visitor Centre and our on site charity shop. In addition, we can only allow 3 people at a time in out Visitor Centre and 1 person at a time in our charity shop.
- Our Visitor Centre will be open for the purchase of merchandise, memberships and light refreshments. There is no seating within the Visitor Centre and refreshments will be takeaway only
- Members of our team will be on hand to guide you and answer any questions you may have during your visit.
We look forward to seeing you soon