Essex Horse and Pony Protection Society (“EHPPS”) was founded in 1983 and has been on its 55 acre site at Pitsea Hall Lane since 1986. EHPPS attained registered charity status in 1987. The Charity was established for the promotion of animal welfare and, in particular, to take all appropriate measures to protect from cruelty and to prevent the infliction of suffering. Our aim is to RESCUE, REHABILITATE and REHOME wherever possible. Without the incredible support we receive from our wonderfully generous and loyal supporters the sanctuary would not be able to survive so we have teamed up local Tack Shops to make it easier for you to help us.
Below is a list of items which we regularly require at the sanctuary and you can help us by purchasing from one of the Tack Shops listed below. All you have to do is add an item from the list below to your shopping, pay at the till and then hand it to the cashier who will put it in their designated EHPPS storage area.
List of items which we regularly require:-
- Vet Wrap
- Himalayan Salt Licks
- Tubs of Treats
- Large Tub Trug Water Buckets
- Medium Tub Trug Feed Buckets
- Medium and Large Haynets
The following tack shops are taking part in this scheme:-
- Ingatestone Saddlery – Main Road, Margaretting, Ingatestone, Essex CM4 0ES Tel: 01277 353723
- Broomfields Farm Equestrian and Country Store – Coggeshall Road, Earls Colne, Near Colchester, Essex CO6 2JX Tel: 01787 224358
- Equine Supplies Essex – Units 1 Hazelwood Estate, Parsons Hill, Great Bromley, Essex CO7 7FA Tel: 01206 580196
- Jade’s Tack Shop – Elm Farm House, Maldon Road, Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex CM0 8NT Tel: 01621 928178
- Hornsea Animal Feeds Ltd – Hornsea Farm, Bran End Fields, Dunmow, Essex CM6 3RU Tel: 01371 856999
- The Tack Room – Unit 5, Griffin Farm, Great Canfield, Great Dunmow, Essex CM6 1JZ Tel: 01279 871704
If any other local tack shops are interested in joining our wishlist scheme they can email firstname.lastname@example.org for further info.